Humane education delves into something that kids love – animals! Regina Humane Society resource kits are a great way to introduce students to the concepts of kindness for people and animals, responsible pet care, dog bite prevention and many other topics.
Our resource kits are available at no cost on a first come, first served basis for a period of one, two or three weeks. All kits are designed to provide educators with multiple humane education learning tools that will help students learn in fun and interactive ways.
Animal Shelter Dramatic Play Kit
Pre-K – Grade 1
Do you have a dramatic play area in your classroom? Consider creating an animal shelter in your classroom and encourage students to make adoption their first option! This kit includes:
- Animal Shelter Dramatic Play Kit and Service Learning Project Guide
- Shelter signs, adoption paperwork and adoption agreement
- Six stuffed shelter pets
- Six kennels
- Felt pet food and treats
- Dishes, pet licenses, ID tags and more!
Friends for Life
Kindergarten – Grade 2
Teach your students the importance of kindness to animals and help them become responsible pet owners. Students will understand that pets rely on people to care for them and covers all facets of dog and cat pet care. This kit includes:
- A Friend in Need story book
- Large 8.5 x 14 inch dog and cat display boards
- Pet Suitcase
- Stuffed cat
- Colouring sheets for each student
The Kindness Kit
Kindergarten – Grade 6
The Kindness Kit has everything you need to make empathy and compassion an important part of your classroom! This kit includes:
- “Kids Who Care” Elementary Humane Education Manual
- Critters with Character Lesson Plans
- “We Love Pets” Bulletin Board Display
- Character Building Posters
- Ready to Copy Activity Sheets
- Animal-themed Story Books
- Mini Pet Suitcase
- … and much more!
Be Dog Smart Kit
Kindergarten – Grade 6
The Be Dog Smart kit contains everything you need to teach your students how to interact confidently and safely with dogs. This kit includes:
- Be Dog Smart printed lesson plans to help teach your students responsible pet care, safety around dogs and dog body language
- Large 11 x 17 inch display boards for each lesson
- One stuffed Be Dog Smart mascot dog to keep in your classroom
- Full color Be Dog Smart information sheets for each student
- One give away item for each student to take home
Resource Kit Booking
For more information about any of our resource kits, please email [email protected] or call (306) 543-6363 (ext. 224).