The Regina Humane Society was incorporated in 1964 as a non-profit organization. The current Shelter is located on Armour Road, off Highway #6 on the northern edge of the city. The Society has space for over 300 animals, a voluntary Board of Directors, 46 staff and over 600 active volunteers. The Society has, throughout the years, worked to improve the welfare of animals through programs and services in sheltering, education, protection and advocacy. Without those who support our mission to improve the well-being of animals in our community, we could not continue the valuable services we provide. The Regina Humane Society:
- cares for homeless, neglected and abused cats, dogs and other domestic animals.
- finds responsible and caring families for pets who are homeless.
- reunites lost animals with their owners.
- inspects care and keeping of animals kept for sale, hire or exhibition in pet stores, circuses, or rodeos.
- investigates and lays charges in response to complaints of animal cruelty and neglect.
- provides a 24 hour emergency service 365 days of the year.
- provides a central registry for all tattoos administered at Regina and area veterinary clinics.
- visits residents isolated in hospitals and nursing homes with homeless shelter pets.
- provides private cremation services for a beloved pet.
- enforces city animal by-laws to protect people and animals in our community.
- delivers education and outreach programs to support humane values and responsible pet ownership.
- provides accessible spay/neuter and microchip programs.
- advocates for progressive laws concerning animal welfare.
- coordinates hundreds of active volunteers to implement comprehensive programs and services.
- relies on public donations to provide its services to animals and people in our community.
Our vision for the future is ambitious but can be achieved – working in partnership to transform our community into the most humane in Canada. It is only through the continued support of those who share our vision for the future that we will be able to reach this goal.
The Regina Humane Society’s CRA Charitable Number is: 119114064RR0001