As Regina’s only open admission shelter, accepting any animal despite its injuries, sickness, temperament or age, the Regina Humane Society embraced 4,613 animals who had nowhere else to turn in 2016. Advances in our animal care, veterinary services, adoption and pet identification initiatives supported a record year for lives saved, adoptions and pets being returned to their families.
By continuing to serve as the safety net for animals in Regina and area, we will be able to ensure that every healthy and treatable animal gets the chance they deserve at health and happiness.
Here are just a few examples of how more animals have been given a second chance under our Life-Saving Strategy:
In 2016, with your help, the RHS achieved:
- A record breaking number of adoptions at 2,560
- 212 partner transfers – the most ever in a single year
- 1,168 animals safely returned to their owners – another record
- The highest save rate in our history of 79%
- A record 58% reduction in euthanasia since our strategy was put in place in 2008
All this from just ONE life-saving community! For more success stories and our full annual report, click here.